sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sarals

The TT bike is a BEAR on the trainer. I can't make any power on it, especially on the sticks. So, I'm going to put the race bike, the CAAD, on the trainer tonight. Anyway, I did 55 minutes this morning, tried some 1 min on/off intervals - 1 min at FTP, 1 min at pace X 5 - and had a hard time holding the power up. I've become a freakin' Fred! Craptastic....
Fixing the dragging rear brake took care of that.

Relatively "normal" 55 minute trainer ride this morning. I did the same intervals as yesterday, and I managed to hold well above FTP on the efforts. I also went "faster", and was able to comfortably (a relative term) hold my pace power to the higher part of the range.

I made an adjustment to the handlebars, moved the sticks back slightly and flattened them a little more. I also adjusted the elbow pads. i HATE the gel filled pads on those supports - they get slippery. I'm going to have to replace or cover them.

The rear brake caliper was a little sticky and wasn't opening all the way, causing one pad or the other to slightly contact the rear wheel. That was enough to make riding it difficult. All better now!