Bike Gremlin
Mostly harmless ™

Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 130 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Yeah I'm just kicking it around, say if I did get another bike later but still kept this one and wanted to change it out or something.

The left drawing is traced directly off the photo, so those angles are what they are, or extremely close. I have the adjustable stem pretty flat right now, so I could raise it up some if needed. Actually a bit more saddle/bar drop might be good. I just flattened the stem and laid the bar ends a bit more flat last night to let me get a bit more aero.

It's funny, when I first started riding again back in the Spring I thought bolt-upright was where it was at in terms of comfort. But now I'm seeing the benefits of leaning forward a bit more, both in terms of pressure on my hind side and for aerodynamics.
I know it's old. I did this on my hybrid. An accident destroyed suspension forks. The only rigid forks I could find were some 5 cm shorter ones. It was good - more aero, quicker steering is not too bad, but my seat is too far forward (compared to cranks).

The KOPS position at 9 is now some 2 cm more forward from the pedal axle than it used to be. Having moved the seat as far to the rear as possible. Not sure how much this affects riding, but that's what has happened.

If I could find a suspension corrected threaded fork, I'd put it, but don't want to spend too much and definitely don't want suspension forks.