View Single Post
Old 10-28-13, 01:52 PM
mozad655

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joejack951
This could be an adjustment issue and/or bad shifting habits. Tough to say without looking at it but I'm highly doubtful that it can't be easily corrected with some simple adjustments and/or some advice on how to shift properly (mainly easing up on the pedals until the shift has completed).

While 35mm is starting to get pretty wide for a 13mm wide interior rim, it's not off-the-charts bad. Were you able to inflate the tires to a pressure that worked for you? If so, no harm, no foul on the tire size. I've run 35mm tires on 15mm interior width Mavic Open Pros without issue.
As I said, it's not due to lack/bad adjustment as I had it done professionally at a bike shop. I've also tried afterwards to adjust it many times myself, reading sheldon or watching videos when in doubt. The instructions are clear but they dont fix the problem.

I really dont think it's due to bad shifting habits. I might not be an experienced bike mechanic but i'm very experienced when it comes to cycling. Done it all my life, commuted daily since I was a child, worked as a cycle courior for some years. I know how to shift gears, and i've never had a problem with any other bike. If it was due to bad habit on my part this problem would be seen on other bikes too, but that is not the case.

I was able to inflate the tyres to a pressure that worked, but the tyres were always bumpy. Closed my eyes and I'd swear I was riding a horse.. I dont know, according to the scale on sheldon under the tire article, 13mm is way too small for 35mm, and in my short experience that is the case.