I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by chriskmurray
I moved to Colorado Springs a couple years ago from Knoxville TN and have not looked back since. I work in the cycling industry and there are FAR more opportunities here and a great cycling culture as well. Since moving I have been able to go from just working in a retail bike shop to working for an actual bike manufacturer as head wheelbuilder (among other things) which is lots of fun and being on the "inside" of the industry has its advantages

I have always wanted to live in Colorado but most of the cities here are simply too freaking expensive for someone trying to make a career out of the bike industry. Colorado Springs is pretty affordable, good (great compared to TN) bike infrastructure with more and more being built all the time, hundreds of miles of single track I can get to without a car, most of the people are pretty friendly as well.
Glad you like the area. I once spent two weeks there and was glad to leave because my skin started itching from the dry air and continued to itch the whole time until I left. Never had that problem anywhere else.