dbg
Si Senior

Bikes: Too Numerous (not)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
If you notice there is one common thread. Eat less maybe more often and more balanced foods. Hard to believe but beer isn't good for us. I know it is also something many enjoy. But the truth is we eat too much for the amount of exercise we typically do. So what we have to do is as some already have done. They see how many calories it takes to maintain a weight and stay as close o that as they can. Once again not an easy task. But there is also a reason "diets" ( changing eating habits for a period of time to overcome a perceived problem) don't work. Because as soon as the perceived problem is over the people go back to what caused the problem in the first place. I wouldn't be a vegan at the point of a gun but if that were the life choice someone had to make to stay at a healthy weight and it worked for them maybe they should go for it. What is important to the individual will determine the changes they make in their life, ( speaking from experience) Until the word diet simply means the way you eat rather than a word that means changing how you eat till you get back to where you want to be you will Yo-yo every winter.
I couldn't agree more. Lifestyle changes work. Diets don't. If I like beer, I'd better figure out a more exercise oriented lifestyle --like riding to the pub and back (which avoids DWI's also). I don't want to suffer a diet. I'd rather earn what I eat. I also have noticed when I exercise, my food cravings get very much more healthy. Maybe that's just me, but I don't want cookies and sweets and carbs so much when I'm doing hard daily exercise.

If you really want extremes, I once cut out all carbs (only meats and veggies) while training for a marathon. Within 2 weeks I had dropped 12 lbs (that extra spare weight around the middle disappeared).