Old 10-30-13, 11:11 AM
vogtro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new Bike Friday Pocket Rocket / Campagnolo folding bike build

I love unique bikes, and a while back I started gravitating towards folders for their ultimate practicality and their unsurpassed ability to meld into your lifestyle. A few months ago I decided I wanted to build up my "dream" folder, and I wanted it to fit similarly to my full size road bike (Look 566). Based on research the Pocket Rocket seemed like the way to go to accomplish the "700c" feel. I ended up purchasing a bare bones pocket rocket and then quickly went to work modding it.

The basic setup is Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed throughout, with Rolf prima wheels with White Industries hubs, 11-27 cassette and 55/42 crank.

I have been nothing but pleased with it so far. The ride is comfortable and the bike lives up to it's name. Last weekend I took it on it's first long - 60 mile ride. I was coming from a SRAM Rival drivetrain and I must say the Campagnolo is like butter in comparison. The biggest surprise for me was that the bike rides like it is on rails. Not the slightest bit of twitchiness from the front wheel.

The second picture is what it looks like loaded into the back of my Prius. No fuss with a bike rack required!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BF.jpg (101.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg
BF2.jpg (100.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by vogtro; 10-30-13 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Photos