Old 11-02-13, 08:53 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by rdtompki
I don't know that we use this technology in California, but even at intersections which are designed to detect bicycles I haven't seen evidence that the sensors detect CF bikes.
I commute in SoCal and in Orange county they are pretty common. Most work for me, some don't. I pull up to the intersection, and stick my arms out to the side and do a slow motion, like jumping jacks. Don't know if it helps, but it probably doesn't hurt. It may make me look silly, but I am at least twenty years past caring what strangers think.

One intersection that the sensor doesn't work at doesn't seem to respond to anything except pushing the dam button. I hate pushing crosswalk buttons.

Originally Posted by B. Carfree
These sensors can be set to see bicycles, but the folks who set them up are usually quite reluctant to set then that sensitive. Get in contact with the traffic engineer who is in charge and see what s/he will do. If that doesn't get any traction, go the elected official route.
Most of my commute is in Irvine, which is a pretty bike freindly city, and theirs almost all work for me, except one.

Last edited by CommuteCommando; 11-02-13 at 08:57 PM.