Old 11-05-13, 01:36 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
I don't have arthritis but I did have a problem with my hands getting numb as I rode, losing feeling that is, for many years and I just thought it was some defect in my body when cycling so I just put up with it. After I got carbon bars though, it totally went away.

That was on a carbon bike, so I wasn't sure it was the bars (could have been the frame) but then I got the same bars on my Ti bike (FSA K-Wing) and numb-hands-syndrome went away on that bike too.

Still have it a bit on my steel bike (with alloy bars) but I just use that bike for commuting, so no big miles (16 round trip) and I just live with it on that bike.

Of course YMMV, but that's my experience.

Rick / OCRR
Thanks Rich, that's the bars I'm looking at. I did pretty good on a 30 miler today. I relaxed my upper body so much, I must of had my back rounded to much and I started to feel it in my neck. Anyhow I moved my saddle back 5 mm and that really helped a lot. I'm still thinking about getting the CF bars though.

Thanks HawkOwl for the suggestion. I'll have to work on my core more. It just catches up to you I guess. Old age that is, lol.