View Single Post
Old 11-06-13, 09:57 AM
JerrySTL

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced, Breezer Doppler Team, Schwinn Twinn Tandem, Windsor Tourist, 1954 JC Higgens

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by donalson
lights are great and you can get some stuff that is amazing for $25... I was using mine in the summer when it was 105+ heat index in the day...
Good point. I started getting up before dawn to get in a ride before work this summer when it got very hot.

I have a 6.5 loop on very nice roads with little traffic. It gets kind of boring doing laps of it; however, riding in the dark livens things up a lot.

LED lights are amazing both in the amount of light produced and how long the batteries last. I usually ride with two headlights (one on the bars and another on the helmet) and at least 2 tail lights. Nice to have some redundancy if one fails.

I have one bike set up for night riding with all the nerdy reflectors and plan on getting tires with reflective sidewalls when the tires need changing.

I don't mind the dark. Rather it's the cold that gets to me. I'm a wimp at temps below 40°F and hit the gym then.