Old 11-06-13, 10:20 AM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LIGHTS! Best thing going... I discovered riding with lights last year and now really look forward to the time change. Just a suggestion: you do need a decent light for the front of the bike. If you are riding in urban areas, you don't need alot of wattage but if out in the country or on trail you will need more. I run two Nightrider 700 on my mountain bike (out on dirt trails) and one 350 on my road bike. The little blinky tail lights are cheap. Buy several, use one on the bike and one up higher - the more the merrier. I purchased a headlamp from Target - spent $15. It has a front light and a blinking tail light and I wear it on my helmet. Its not for seeing but to be seen.

Now I am very fortunate to have a great bike path system to ride. I try avoiding the actual street but if so, stay in residential or industry areas.

There is something magical (and alittle scary) about riding at night... give it a try...

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.