Old 11-06-13, 02:56 PM
lsberrios1 

Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Welcome to the forums and the C&V community.

The Bianchi is an '88 frameset most likely a Campione de Italia, the Formula Two tubing frames were used across a lot of models, But the Ofmega HS sort of narrows it down. Nothing seems to be original except the HS and maybe the seatpost. This frame came in a 56 then a 59 so be careful of the sizing. The older steel Bianchis were measured center BB shell to top of the seatpost. This may be a 59 so alittle on the tall side compared to the other bikes.

Of the three, Centurion, Panosonic and Bianchi it will likely be the best rider, thos Formula Two frames ride pretty good. That Centurian is a pretty popular bike, but it looks small compared to the Panosonic.

Thank you for the warm welcome . Good info. a 59 would be way out of my fitting size. I am actually looking on the smaller side. If I can get a 54-56 I can also share is with my fiancee (she is almost 5'8"). Whereas if I go up from a 56 it'd be a little stretch even for me. I'm not sure of sizing on any of them. For some reason people do not post them on CL... wonder why? this could narrow so many choices.

Originally Posted by busdriver1959
The Cinelli is a pretty big frame, much larger than a 56. It's got some really nice parts on it though. If you're willing to do a lot of wrenching, you could buy a couple of bikes for the parts you need and sell everything else off. More work and more initial cash out of your pocket but with patience you could come up with a nice machine for a very low price.
I would want to get more information about the Cinelli frame. I'm not a Cinelli expert by any means but the head lugs don't look like any I've seen other Cinellis.
Sizing then was usually seattube measured center to center. Maybe around the late eighties bike companies started measuring center to top. The top tubes were usually close to the same length as the seattube but not always.
At first glance the cinelli definitely looked big. I like the group more than anything else. Having old campy, on an old italian frame definitely speaks volumes to me but I am not really a connoisseur.

I really need to get up to speed on my C&V metrics, groups and frames. I did find this beauty but out of budget. Although, if it's something like a really good deal I may stretch the budget. This, I think, may be on a whole different level.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/bik/4151808080.html