View Single Post
Old 11-06-13, 07:16 PM
due ruote 

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 527 Times in 320 Posts
Originally Posted by lsberrios1
Buying different bikes and piecing one together would be a cool project but i think that is a little advanced right now for me since i dont even know what i want. Ideally i'd buy an old cinelli or colnago with full campy but that costs money.

the guy from the panasonic called back and told me the bike is 23.5 of size with a 31.5 standover height... I did the math and it seems to be a 60cm frame? Im not sure how that relates to sizing...
http://panasonicbikemuseum.info/wp-c...12/1988pg9.jpg
That sizing doesn't sound right to me. That bike came in 47, 51, 53, 56, 58, 61 and 64. I think the bike you're considering is a 56. Here's a pic of a 1988 DX-3000, 56 cm that I used to have:

Note the similarity in head tube length to the bike you're looking at:

Further, I don't have that bike any more, but I do have a 56 cm 1981 DX-4000, and the standover height on it is (you guessed it) 31.5".

Of course, we still don't know if that's the right size bike for you and/or your fiancee. Rather than giving us the size of your modern bike, how about telling us how tall you are, your inseam (crotch to floor, not pant inseam) and arm span. That would get you much more meaningful advice on fit.