View Single Post
Old 11-15-13, 06:38 AM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by colobrio
Nine or so races into my first season on egg beaters, I love them. Not a single issue getting out, and I'm getting back in more consistently than I did with SPDs or attacs. This is also my first season in the 3s, and the only place I am consistently besting my opposition is the barriers. Do you have another pair of shoes you can try? Maybe the lugs on your current pair are interfering?
I still plan to test the two ideas. I invested the rare few hours early on in trying them and haven't had time to change my cleats back to the Eggs since. Pedals are easier to change. I plan to see if I have the gap problem the TS mentioned. But, yeah, it might be a shoe problem. But it might be opposite of the usual "too much lug" problem that requires use of the shim. I note that SPD doesn't seem to have this fussiness, but I like the lightness and ease of use of the Eggs so I'll try again when I can. Probably for next season at this point. I don't mean to slam these guys, only to be candid. If it proves my soles are too thin I'll be happy to change. However, I'd think they might want to add something to their FAQ about this. Still, it would be weird that nobody else has posted about thin-soles that I've seen. Yet the TS seemed to know about it. If it is the case I would've appreciated finding out back when I was fiddling and suffering and putting time in trying to sort em out.