Old 11-16-13, 08:55 AM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
I ordered this with 2 different mounts so I can swap it among 3 different bikes I use. I have been using battery lights also for ever and recently I got caught yet again miles from home and batteries pooping out. My fault I know but it has happened one too many times for me and I finally decided I'd try a dynamo system. I had been thinking hub dynamo but hated the idea of constant drag even when light is off (albeit slight with the better units), after I have spent so much on everything else to gain efficiency. Also the cost of a building a new wheel on top of the dynamo cost and wasting the money I have spent on my current wheel. I was going to go with a bottle dynamo that rides on the tire, but I had flashbacks of the one I had as a kid so I kept looking for a better solution and I found this. This thing is way more expensive than a bottle dynamo but way cheaper than total cost of a hub unit. It seems quite well made and I am hoping it works out. It may be several weeks before I get everything delivered, hooked up and evaluated.

Last edited by dwmckee; 11-19-13 at 08:36 PM.