Old 11-17-13, 01:50 PM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by revchuck
I had really bad luck with my 305s - the altitude went bonkers on me on the first one, then the second and third stopped finding the satellites. I gave up and went with a new 500, which has been almost perfect in the two years I've had it. The sole problem with the 500 is the elevation at start - where I live is ~150 feet ASL, but the 500 will show anywhere from -300 to +300. This is a Garmin "feature" due I guess to its dependence on atmospheric pressure for elevation data, and it usually rights itself after about 15 minutes if I don't move the bike. OTOH, elevation gain and loss are consistent regardless of what the start elevation is.

Originally Posted by shovelhd
Sara, you and I must be on the same plan.

I did about 2:45 ride time and 210TSS yesterday with the club. The cycling gods must have been shining down on me because, for once, we had unseasonably warm weather, the group was well matched, and they chose a flat route so I could spend some good time on the front. These guys (no women yesterday) were Cat3/4's and a Cat1 MTB. I did a good bit of tempo, threshold and above. Took all of the sprints, even the last one where I was just leading them out.
My coach has me doing some different stuff. Considering it rained, I was thankful my workout was shorter.