Old 11-18-13, 01:27 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
At times this forum is hard to understand. I have often thought that so many here are over sensitive and that was just the nature of things. But it seems really strange for someone to come to a small corner room in the Bicycle Forums, become a known member by posting in that corner, Car Free, and then worry about being put in a box? Isn't the very idea of being an advocate for car free or car light putting ones self in a box? Not that it matters.

The day I could say 51 percent of my yearly mileage was by bicycle I considered it an honor if I was called a cyclists. And normally it is meant with more respect from non cyclists than the names other people on bikes call each other. It doesn't bother motorists, a name recognized by car commuters nation wide and used by the national media to be called a motorist. People walking to work of to the mall are called pedestrians , No one will refuse to use a crossing to a road marked for pedestrians. A cyclist is far more positive than liberal, conservative, republican, democrat, enviromentalist and any other name I can think of that identifies someone momentary idology and yet they wear it as a badge of honor.

So yes, call me a cyclist if you want, and not being an introvert I will be happy to discuss cycling related issues at a social function if asked to do so.
Well, this makes a lot of sense.

"Think Outside the Cage"