View Single Post
Old 11-21-13, 12:29 PM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
OP, your bike will come with rudimentary assembly instructions. Or you can find them on the BD website.

What you are asking here is something you could find out without people having to answer you, personally. Either search through SS/FG for similar stuff, or google. Pretty much everyone here takes questions like you ask and responses you give as: "Hey, I don't know anything, so can you please do my research for me?"

Bare minimum, you will need a multi-tool with 4, 5mm hex wrenches, a 15mm crescent/box wrench, and maybe a cable cutter if you are using a front brake which comes not installed. You will need to bolt on: the handlebars, maybe the front brake, the front wheel, pedals, and the saddle/seatpost.

^^^Bare minimum. Bonus points if you true your wheels, repack your hubs with grease and adjust the bearings correctly (does KiloTTPro even have adjustable bearings?), take out your BB and grease threads, remove your front fork and grease headset bearings. Re-assemble everything to correct bolt torque settings and bearing tensions. Most of which requires specialized tools. Does this sound daunting to you? Then maybe bringing the bike to a quality LBS is the way to go...

Thing is, in all this, I forget that obvious things like "inflate tires with valve-compatible pump," or including a tool to cut tie-wraps when you pull the bike out of the box, so whatever anyone tells you will probably not be the be-all end-all assembly instruction for which you asked.

Good luck. It's not rocket science: if the groms at the local BMX shot can screw it up, you can, too!