View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 08:03 PM
rekmeyata

Bikes: 2020 Masi Giramondo 700c; 2013 Lynskey Peloton; 1992 Giant Rincon; 1989 Dawes needs parts; 1985 Trek 660; 1985 Fuji Club; 1984 Schwinn Voyager; 1984 Miyata 612; 1977 Raleigh Competition GS

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1126 Post(s)
Liked 253 Times in 204 Posts
Originally Posted by Walter S
Is necessary to get so rude and personal? Seems like Rob's post was about riding his bicycle down the sidewalk while making a point to slow down and politely announce himself to pedestrians he encounters. To paraphrase, Rob apparently sees that as an opportunity to interact in a positive way with the people in his world. He thanks people, and I just bet may thus bring a little cheer into the lives of some of the lonely or sad people he sees.

You equate that to driving a car down the sidewalk and intentionally crushing pedestrians in your way?

Riding on the sidewalk is a personal decision and for some people includes trade-offs between a number of complicating factors. Those factors may not apply in your geographical area or culture. So give people a little leeway to make a decision that fits their lives and location.
Gee another bleeding heart; did you not catch what I quoted him as saying? I didn't think so. Here it is again since you missed it completely: Attempts at universal behavior control aside, I will continue to ride on sidewalks where the above applies. The rest of you can choose for yourselves"

He thinks there is a conspiracy going on for universal behavior control. I see you didn't catch that mumbo jumbo of BS.