Thread: Was I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-13, 07:32 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 787 Times in 505 Posts
Was I wrong?

We had a club event yesterday of 1/4, 1/2 and full metric century rides. The group I went with, about 25, left at 0800 for the full that had 3-20+/- mile sections. After a mile warm-up the paceline started and as expected some people started dropping off. After the first section there was 6 of us who did a ride through the stop and kept going while others took a break. We worked together and one dropped so 5 were left by the time we made the end of second loop. This time we stopped for water replenish and off we went. Heading out we passed a couple of riders who decided to hook on the draft. At that time we had a tail wind so the new guys each took a quick pull and everything was fine. We rounded a U-turn and started into the headwind with the pace being held at 21mph. One of the new guys is up for his turn and immediately the pace starts dropping. It gets down to 17mph and is held there for a hundred feet when I YELL....pull out. The guy pulls off and we leave him in the dust.

Just wondering if I was wrong for yelling?