View Single Post
Old 09-28-05, 04:30 PM
cjbruin
Body by Guinness

Bikes: Specialized Allez Pro; Cervelo P2 SL; Tsunami (Converted to Fixed Gear)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
By the way...on the subject of drafting and being out of position on the bike...

Many of you here know that I was in a bike accident a year ago at Long Beach where I broke my shoulder in two places. In my opinion, there are two ways the accident could have been avoided...

1) The guy who hit me from the back left and I could have hit our brakes instead of trying to slalom at 30 mph through about 20 slower riders who were all over the course. This in on us and we should have used better judgement and slowed down...but A, it was a race and B, both of us thought that we could get through safely.

2) Riders could have been educated better and stayed to the right of the course. The road we were on was very wide but the way everyone was scattered across the lanes it looked like a game of Frogger instead of a triathlon.

I probably sound like a broken record...the reason I keep posting this in different threads is because we seem to have a lot of first-timers here. If I can help anyone to be more safe and if just one accident gets avoided...that makes a huge difference.

By the way RacerGirl. I have no problem with you passing me at 24 mph...but if you're wearing that Orca suit, you can expect that I will do my best to keep up (three bike lengths back of course)