View Single Post
Old 11-25-13, 06:29 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,090 Times in 1,183 Posts
Tired of getting hurt

But not THAT tired !

I know you older folks will understand...

I hit a leaf covered stump today while mt. biking, which yanked the wheel hard to the left and ejected me onto the trail. It was about 20 degrees out so the single track is rock hard. Scrapped my right knee up bad, but didn't do any other damage.

It's Mt. biking season here on Long Island, great when it's 20 to 40 degrees out and you don't have the motivation to road ride. Thus we're in the woods till mud season sets in sometime in late Dec. or January.

Trouble is I was riding alone today so now my wife is a bit pissed, especially as she's aware that of the past 8 mt. bike rides this season, I've 1) Banged my head hard on an overhanging tree limb. That was a result of wanting to use the helmet visor that I usually leave off, so as to be able to see the trial better on the morning rides. I didn't see the limb I otherwise duck under The hit dented the helmet and gave me a stinger, so I was dizzy for a little bit. My riding buddy rode with me back to the car. I was fine after. Then 2) I catch a root or branch a weekend later, punctured the right shoe, cut the foot and possibly dislocated the middle toe. That needed an x-ray at the orthopedist as I could barely walk two days after. It still hurts but I've been able to ride. Then I fall today. Knee really looks like crap and hurts but I can't SAY that !.
Now the right knee and right foot hurt. That's annoying.

A younger riding buddy reminded me last week "Ya' know, you're pushing 60 (I'm 58) I berated him loudly at the time. Not so much today when I told him about my knee.

I'm stubborn and will be damned if I'm going to "take it easy". That means going to the mall or on a hike or something. Jeez.

I will leave start leaving more detailed information as to where I'm riding, where the car is parked, etc.....