View Single Post
Old 11-28-13, 11:04 AM
ob2s 

Bikes: 1964 TdF Peugeot PX-10 / 1988 Peugeot Comete (NOS)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The shop didn't test ride it, I just rode it to them and had them verify I had put it together right. The frame is good, the accident was minor, in fact it is hard to tell the AL fork is bent. After the accident, the headset was fine. I changed the fork out because I was told to. The frame has been checked out and deemed solid. I have another cinelli fiber fork I can try, but it is threadless and I need to cut it and thread it, but I am not sure I want to do that and end up with a bike I can't ride. If I put the AL fork back on I can ride it as new. It is really weird how it rides with the Kestrel fork, as if the bike is a plane that doesn't want to change direction. I know I have other metal fork options, but I don't want an asian replacement. I also don't want a $500 Colnago fork. I have 2 places locally that make forks, but those are also $500 options. I wonder if someone can look at the orig fork and tell if it is ok to use.... thanks again and yes I plan to die, but hopefully not from a failed fork.