Jewel
Live Beautifully

Bikes: 2011 Specialized Sirrus, 2013 Yuba Boda Boda Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BionX problems

I'm starting to think I'm having problems with my e-assist, BionX and wondered if others have and what did you do to fix it. Whenever I go over speed bumps or my bike hits a gutter or uneven surface, my BionX computer panel (on the "dashboard"), if it's on, will flicker on and off and go a little wonky. If it's off, then it will flicker on and off.

Sometimes, if I've had the computer on and parked for a minute or two, then get back on, even though it's on "bicycle mode only" (no assist), it's like I can barely pedal it, and it's almost sent me over the bars twice because of the huge drag (and this is on a flat surface). It's like the brakes are on or something.

Yesterday, as I was pedaling, the whole time (whether I was on assist or not), it had that "revved" sound (similar to a wind-up toy my sons have that you wind and wind and wind and release a knob and a toy car shoots across the room) <--THAT'S the sound my bicycle was making as I was pedaling.

The guy at the bike shop said that once it hits 100 miles, then I could go in for a tune-up. It's got 75 miles on it now. But before I go in, I'm hoping to have some understanding from any of you as to what the issue(s) may be.