Old 12-02-13, 09:12 AM
99Klein 

Bikes: 99 Klein Quantum, 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 5, Specialized Tarmac Comp, Foundry Thresher, Fuji Sportif

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As I stated in my post, I started using the Garmin withough the speed/cadence sensor...it was way off. WIth the sensor it is closer but my problem is with the way Strava and Garmin talk to each other. Garmin connect and Endomondo are always spot on. With my phone Strava and Endomondo are spot on. With my Garmin, Strava is not reading the data properly.

I don't worry about elevation. It's pretty flat here in Nebraska. We don't have any "real" climes of any length. I have one 12% grade that I take once in a great while and it lasts just over a quarter mile. 3-4% are the norm with 6% every now and then. Again, no real distance involved either.

The Garmin is set to pause under 3mph.

Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Were you using a speed/cadence sensor and HRM with the Garmin, or were you just using the gps tracking?

Also, when you loaded the ride into garmin connect, do you have elevation correction enabled or not?

For the moving time, does garmin pause when you come to a complete stop or ride under a certain mph?