View Single Post
Old 12-03-13, 08:15 PM
Stormdog42

Bikes: 2000 Giant Option, 2008 Novara Fusion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I join in here in search of winter hand-warming advice.

I looked all around the 'net and decided that pogies looked like the way to go. I ordered some and have used them a couple times and they aren't working for me. I feel like I must be doing something wrong with them, 'cause they're supposedly good down to -15 F (these are the Dogwood Designs regular pogies), and everyone loves them. But my hands were cold in the 20s.

How do any of you who use them and like them fill in the gap that's left at the small end that goes over the bars (the gap between the brake cables and handlebars) when they're mounted on the bike? I tried stuffing it with some washcloths, but I'm not sure that helps. I think it's where the cold is coming from. I emailed the maker, and she said that in the 20 years she's made these, no one has ever said they've had this problem, so maybe there's something really obvious I'm not getting. But I'm about ready to send them back and try a lobster glove 'cause they're just not working for me.

I'd love advice and ideas from more experienced winter cyclists!

Last edited by Stormdog42; 12-03-13 at 08:30 PM.