Old 12-04-13, 12:22 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronmcd
I recently realized I don't eat NEAR enough fat. I still can't quite figure out how to get enough fat into my diet. I tried snacking on nuts at work, buying 2% milk (yes I still drink cow milk), putting extra olive oil or butter or mayo on things. I am starting to try to get into peanut butter but it's hard. Salmon is fatty but too much of a pain to eat all the time!
OK, good fats.

Most milks are not going to be a source of good fats. You have to get the grass-fed stuff, and even then, I think you're better off with fermented dairy as opposed to straight milk. As far as nuts go, peanuts aren't that good of an option. I'd recommend macadamias, walnuts or butternuts (white walnuts). Olive oil is a good option. Butter from a grass-fed cow is a good option (Kerrygold is a common grass-fed brand, standard butter is not much better than margarine, which is to say, bad). Your mayo is probably made from soybean or corn oil, which is to say, bad. Make your own from olive or flax oil for a much better option.

Other ways of getting good fats are: avocado, cooking with coconut oil, omega-3 eggs, grass-fed meats, fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, black cod or sardines) and grass-fed cheeses (I like buffalo mozzarella, which I make a caprese out of).