aaronmcd

Bikes: Cervelo S5, Marin Gestalt X11

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Boy
OK, good fats.

Most milks are not going to be a source of good fats. You have to get the grass-fed stuff, and even then, I think you're better off with fermented dairy as opposed to straight milk. As far as nuts go, peanuts aren't that good of an option. I'd recommend macadamias, walnuts or butternuts (white walnuts). Olive oil is a good option. Butter from a grass-fed cow is a good option (Kerrygold is a common grass-fed brand, standard butter is not much better than margarine, which is to say, bad). Your mayo is probably made from soybean or corn oil, which is to say, bad. Make your own from olive or flax oil for a much better option.

Other ways of getting good fats are: avocado, cooking with coconut oil, omega-3 eggs, grass-fed meats, fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, black cod or sardines) and grass-fed cheeses (I like buffalo mozzarella, which I make a caprese out of).
I get olive oil mayo. Oh yeah, I forgot I was going to try to eat more Avocado. Do you know why grass fed everything is better (Other than "sounding" healthier)? As far as milk - I eat cereal and milk in the morning because it is fast. I can't stand the taste of whole milk though.