Thread: Growing 'Cross?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-13, 02:16 PM
JeffOYB

Bikes: Uh... road, mtb, tour, CX (kludged), 3spd, 'bent, tandem, folder (the fam has another, what, 8)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Good thoughts! Thanks.

I also like the idea of growth equaling "everyone can find a race." I also see this kind of racing as contributing to urban health and fun. So to me it's not just racing everywhere but good public interface with this racing. I suspect that stars will be part of it. No problem. I love seeing the great superfast guys and gals ride. They're important. American cities seem poised for making comebacks in places where their cultures are weak and for stepping up even higher in places where they're doing well -- and it really seems like bikes can be part of this. And for sport biking it seems like CX has a lot to offer due to its park setting and closeness to the action. I think the key for this public integration is inclusion of microbrew, food, music. At that point it's a cinch to charge admission. And this still doesn't mean a "fat guy TV" scenario. It describes a mode that is already used in lots of urban renewal projects.