Thread: Raleigh bikes
View Single Post
Old 12-05-13, 06:45 PM
the engine
... part of the machine.

Bikes: '15 Raleigh Willard 2, '14 Lynskey Sportive, '10 Lynskey R230, '?? Burley Duet Tandem, various others in various states of mobility.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I recently bought a 2011 Raleigh Record Ace ... Ultegra drive train and 105 brakes were stock. I added Weinmann DP wheels, and a Terry Fly saddle. I love the ride ... Reynolds CrMo frame. I am told they resurrected the old jigs to build the new steel frames.

The 2012-13 models are not the same as the 2011 ... they dropped the components down a level (to 105 throughout).

It was bought from my LBS. They have several in stock, and they are selling them at a great price. I couldn't resist. I use it as a training bike, saving my Ti bike for events mostly.

I don't know about Raleighs carbon lines, or any other recent Raleighs ... but, the newer steel frame bikes are excellent.

All in all, I loved the Raleigh Professional and Competition in the 70's, and I think the new steel frames have a similar ride to the older models, but with STI shifting, ect. I highly recommend Raleighs steel bikes. They are no longer made in England, but they are made well.

And, yes, they (steel frame models) are underrated.