Old 12-06-13, 04:12 PM
dougmc

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro, Strada

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dynodonn
The cyclist didn't post the video, the motorcyclist did, plus it's easier to track a motorcyclist's license plate number via traffic cams, (if any were used at the time) the motorcyclist's IP address, You Tube account, than the cyclist's face.
Originally Posted by CB HI
Video, driver license database and face recognition software = cyclist is toast. No need to spend tons of time looking for and reviewing street video.
Yeah, police often go to this sort of trouble to track down and cite somebody for an everyday moving violation or two they didn't personally witness, but have video of. Uh-huh.

(For the sarcasm impaired -- it's possible, and occasionally happens. But it's extremely rare.)

The barrel distortion of GoPro and similar cameras often makes it difficult to tell just how close something really is -- but I think this time it was close enough that there's not really any doubt that they were under 3' -- and probably under 1'. It looked to me like the motorcyclists were passing him extra closely just to be dicks (which would elevate this to actual assault) but I wouldn't expect this to be enough evidence to actually support such a charge. (But passing too closely? Yes. Not that the police would be likely to use it.)

That said, not realizing what the sharrow symbol actually means ... priceless.