techone
dead mileage

Bikes: GT Mtnbike, PaulMilnes Trackbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fixedpip
Anyone recommend a bike shop in London for a wheel build, somewhere central, north or east London? Or better yet, does anyone know of a bike co-op or similar where they have tools for you to use?

Also does anyone know where you can get a Royal Mail Postbag? Seen a lot of folks rocking them as messenger bags and my girlfriend really wants one.
BikeFix or Condor, dunno about any others. I don't know of a co-op yet, although I'm supposed to be working on getting one started with some other folks but haven't heard anything in a while.
Those Royal Mail bags suck! they're not waterproof, not very adjustable and ugly in my opinion. The only reason loads of couriers use them is they're super cheap or free, depending on your sources. You might could bribe your postman? But you can get done for if it says 'Royal Mail' on it, notice most of the ones around has had that removed or covered.

Originally Posted by vobopl
Oh, thanks. I am riding 53cm square fixie and 57 square road. Longish legs and arms and short torso at 5'11" so fit is easy provided there is enough of a seatpost. I can bring my own clipless pedals but clips are OK, too. How long would the riding part take? I have some obligations on Saturday evening/afternoon.
Both mine are 56cm track frames, with seatposts extended all the way it measures about 78cm from center of BB to top of saddle. Dunno how long the ride will take but I'm sure we'll be at the pub by 2pm definitely...