Old 12-09-13, 05:28 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by EdIsMe
You referenced earlier "most cyclists riding 73-74 degree seat tube angles (some 72s in smaller sizes like his." This is what was backwards.

On a completely different note, I was thinking today, elaborating on geometry and the relative positioning of the rider over the pedal spindle. If you were to move the seat forwards and upwards proportionally, would the cyclists knee-over-pedal remain in the same position? Conversely, the same correlation would exist lowering and pushing the seat back. Of course, this shifts the rider's body position along the y axis of the bike, raising or lowering center of gravity. I'm not really sure on the other effects of such a change.

This was spurred by a friend of mine who mentioned my seat seemed to be a little low as we were riding yesterday. To find out if he was right, I raised my seat 2cm and pushed it forward 1cm. My position relative to the bb stayed roughly the same, as did my reach. Overall, the bike felt virtually the same, with the exception of course being my relatively higher seating position. I'll give it a couple more rides and see if anything changes.
Curious what further changes you expected by keeping your knee to spindle in the X direction the same?

Last edited by Campag4life; 12-09-13 at 05:33 AM.