Old 12-09-13, 03:39 PM
UnfilteredDregs

Bikes: Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ November RAIL52s

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
After much hemming & hawing and gnashing of teeth...SHOES!!!!

I'd been waffling about clipless for a while now, I know I just have to do it, but I want to walk comfortably off the bike, and I want to pedal without clipping in sometimes, and..etc, etc, etc.. yada, yada, yada...

So...I had narrowed down pedals to going with either Time ATACS or Crank Brothers Mallets...

I was gonna go with the ATACS but!!! I decided to go with the Mallet 2's simply because I know I'm a clod, will be doing a lot of city riding, and I want a platform for what I know is going to be a familiarization process. I do not want to be trying to gimp in and out of clipless when I have other things going on therefore a platform-clipless seems to be a good way to get myself into the swing of it.

I plan to go to a grass field, and probably just fall over a few times...to get the hang of it...the falling part.

The next choice to agonize over was shoes...

Initially Northwave was in the running, I ordered a pair of Sparta SBS on sale at competitive, they came, too snug in the toe box...I like the latching strap.

That's when the furious research commenced and I had narrowed down to the Giro Privateers, and Mavic Rush...

Being the cheap SOB that I am I just wasn't finding them at the price point, and color, I'm looking for...

Now, I've looked at Lake shoes before, but they always seemed pretty up their on price, and although I could be wrong I understand that their BOA closure shoes are quite cozy...

Lo and behold, I went to NASHBAR today and I was able to order a pair of MX226 shoes for $88.00 including shipping and discount.

I hope they do the trick.