Old 12-12-13, 05:17 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by simpleton.
Here's the latest version of my foul weather commuter.
Tough to judge from these pictures.

I think I see:
-Old GT MTB frame
-Brooks B15
-XT shadow rear derailleur
-bar end shifters with Paul Thumbies
-Schwalbe Fat Franks
-Sugino crankset
-Planet Bike hardcore fenders

The frame is definitely hot, and the lighting in the top picture suits it. I don't like the look of the saddle. The Fat Franks are hot, but the fenders seem too small and are definitely too close to the tire. I like the crank. The rear derailleur is clearly overkill, but a little bling is nice sometimes. The shifters are nicely functional, but I prefer trigger shifters. I also prefer V-brakes whenever they are a possibility.

Overall...hot.

Spare parts build
Again, points deducted for the picture. Foliage is nice, but the lighting makes the bike fade into the trees.

Nice frame. I don't like the bars. The crank arms are too fat. (I can say that about crank arms, right?) I can't make out much of anything else.

Overall...meh.

Fair weather commuter
And again, the picture hides the bike. Congrats on the hat trick.

Black bar tape with a honey saddle = missed opportunity. Maybe try the Salsa tan cork tape.

The fenders here are better (Cascadias?). I don't like the white tail lights. The frame bag is hideous. I'm undecided on the bars. At the very least, I don't think they look good with that stem.

Overall...very warm with the potential to be hot just by removing things and taking a better picture.