View Single Post
Old 12-13-13, 03:20 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
…I don't ride for the numbers, even though I keep track of things by number. I ride for the joy.

Coming home Tuesday night in the truck, it wasn't the number that gave me disappointment. It was looking at the road, seeing the lines I'd take and knowing I'd be all over that, and probably passing cars--if I'd had sense enough to ride the studded tire bike to work.

It was the joy that I missed
That bold-faced comment evoked a similar wistful memory for me. Last summer I had a serious bike accident, and for a few trips over several weeks while recovering I was shuttled by ambulance between two hospitals, along my favorite bike route. I too mentally rode the route, but in my case it was on beautiful summer days.

Originally Posted by tsl
…It was all made right again riding to work the next day. And home again that night. Mashed potatoes, brown sugar, hardpack, grease, patches of ice, even some wet clear pavement. Man it was a nice ride.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
BTW, tsl recently posted this classic picture with comments. It makes me look forward to the Winter!

Originally Posted by tsl
Originally Posted by tsl
…EDIT: In case it didn't come across, my dedication is to the joy. Just an old guy on a bike having fun going back and forth to work.

Originally Posted by tsl
[From the personal narratives of the Second Annual Fifty-Plus Ride]…Miss Kenton also wins the "You're So Sweet" award for for saying to Yrs Trly last night, "You look so much more youthful than your avatar." And I couldn't even convince her it was my under-eye moisturizing cream.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…FYA, I said the same thing about him upon meeting Miss K, when she asked me who was here. Nonetheless, I’m sure her comment was as spontaneous as was mine…