View Single Post
Old 12-16-13, 07:21 PM
mnmkpedals 

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
[QUOTE=Bianchigirll;16335425]The frame dates to '90 or '91 but the US models didn't come in Celeste (at least not in the catalog. It is possible this is European model frame) and with the possible exception of the headset {can't see it well** and the bottom bracket nothing looks to be original.

Very cool. Thank you for the information-- read all your posts for the other Eros inquiries and figured you'd have the answer. Seems I have a knack for finding odd ball frames. Earlier in summer had a curious Raleigh frame with a serial number and Japanese history that made no sense and was a stumper. Or maybe I am learning that in CV bikes, there's no such things as "standard." On that note, does it even matter? I mean in terms of resale, do people look for more "stock" or factory bikes and does that make something like this lower value to sell? Or is that market more for just purists? And the campy bits carry more weight than "original"?

Anyway, in starting to clean this, I did see there's a serial number under the BB, is that likely to tell me anything or narrow it down?

I am looking forward to seeing how it rides!