View Single Post
Old 09-30-05, 08:03 AM
Hal Hardy

Bikes: Tour Easy recumbent, Giant Boulder SE with an Xtracycle attachment

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dude. Lighten up. I like the quirky looking bike!

My comments were based on the first set of pics and the info you provided about it. You've since given info that filled in the holes from your OP and your last set of pics gives a better perspective and I can see just how small the wheels are, hence the larger chain rings. For some reason, the wheel size didn't register with me in your OP. You've also edited a post since I last read it saying it was a successful project. I had the impression it's been sitting in a back room, forgotten about by the builder, possibly because it was a disappointment.

The electric motor idea was because it looks much heavier than 32 lbs. I wouldn't want to pedal a bike that was much heavier than that plus cargo even on level ground.

It has girder forks. If the legs were patterned after '40s motorcycle girder forks, they would be even stronger, not weigh much more, and yes, look better. There's nothing wrong with it looking good as long as it doesn't break the form follows function rule. By theme, I meant the visual form which is a by product of the way it was built. I didn't mean it should be OCC'd (yuck).

I used to ramble when posting on forums, a habit I've broken. Maybe I should loosen up some and explain myself more?

Last edited by Hal Hardy; 09-30-05 at 11:49 PM.