Old 12-21-13, 04:01 PM
e0richt

Bikes: Dawes Lightning sport, Trek 1220, Trek 7100

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by me010698
Not that I really want to entertain the idea of self assembly (lol, paying someone to do it) but a friend here at work told me to look at this...

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...print_disc.htm

Not having a clue what I'm looking at it's an awesome looking bike! Is it that good a deal? I'm not really scared to buy online because it's one of those "I don't know anything else" situations.
ok, I bought a bikesdirect off of a dealer on ebay. I bought a touring style road bike and it was cheaper than the trek hybrid (which I was frustrated with at the time)... The dealer gave true to fit sizing for the bike and it was a good buy... haven't really checked for new listings but I would not hesitate to go back... if you are interested: look for "chicabike"... she was good for answering email questions...

just for info:
I only have about 2300 miles on the bike. I did eventually buy a rear wheel for it because the free wheel axle was bent after a bit and I also wanted a free-hub system (which allows easier cluster replacement)... I also added a stem extension to bring up the bars (I like my bars at seat level or even a bit above as I tend to ride on the hoods of the levers)

my other bike the trek 7100, I did eventually *have* to replace the wheel as the original kept breaking spokes or going out of true after a couple of rides, so I got a tandem wheel and that seems to work well and am now using it for a winter bike... I don't anywhere near the miles on it as I do with the dawes because of that issue...