Old 12-22-13, 06:34 PM
Dawes-man
十人十色

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by rootboy
BTW, be sure to blue locktite these on after you overhaul the fenders. They're a real b**ch to find, and not easy to make! :>

Don't nobody go asking rootboy how he knows…

That really is a cool feature and thanks for drawing my attention to it rootboy. I'm in the middle of fitting mudguards to my Morris (just painted the stays black gloss) and found myself wondering if the brackets could be bent out like KonAaron Snake's Frejus (beautiful, btw, KA S!) but then realised the rest of the work that would need doing, like threading the ends of the stays, finding a male & female nut junction for the end and all the time searching for it all would take and gave up. It could an interesting project though...

It does make me wonder if Frejus commissioned those fittings or whether they were generic at the time… I notice the seat lug is of a kind common on 'city bikes' in Italy at the time, although I'm not sure if they all came from the same maker or were in fashion and produced by different makers. It's a very pretty style, I think. Here are a couple of variations on the theme, snapped on the streets of Verona, Italy:

A Galetti:

[IMG] IMG_6606 by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]

A Chesini:
[IMG] IMG_6544 by Dawes-man, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Dawes-man; 12-22-13 at 07:01 PM.