View Single Post
Old 12-24-13, 06:33 AM
leeinmemphis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mz I look at my eating a bit different. I say to myself that I'm working too hard to ruin it with bad eating. Sure I've had a couple snacks over the year like at birthday parties or special occasions but even then I try to limit just how much I have ate. My limiting factor this year was inflamed knees. I pretty much had to give myself 1-2 rest days after each ride to rest the knees. I'm taking some supplements now and hopefully come spring I will be able to ride consecutive days on a regular basis. If so my mileage will be significantly higher next year.

Originally Posted by Medic Zero
I've got to say, dropping 60 pounds is encouraging! I'm still around 280, but rode a little over 3,000 miles this year. My big goal isn't so much cycling related, it's too finally eat better, including planning meals and cooking at home. Clearly the eating is the big component for me, because you'd think cycling over 3,000 hilly miles should have some impact on my weight, but I must admit to feeling hungry every 3 or 4 hours now that I'm more active and to eating extra poorly because I figure I'm burning some calories. :/

We're moving to a new place a little further out, so my commute will be a little longer, but I've given up on trying to go to back to college 5 days a week and work 3 nights a week, so I think my commuting mileage is going to roughly balance out. I would like to get in a little more pleasure riding so I'll set my goal for 2014 for 3,500 miles. I don't use a computer, so I have no idea what my elevation gains are. I should look into using a phone ap for that.