View Single Post
Old 12-26-13, 04:18 PM
shipwreck

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
Honestly I don't believe the recycled thing. Sounds to me like a story that people selling high end batteries make up as a FUD campaign against lower cost competitors. I don't think the cost combined with the low yield would be worth it.

Combine that with the fact that if they did this, no two batteries in a purchase would have anything like the same capacity, as some would always be more or less depleted than others, so anything like this would be detected quickly.
I don't remember exact numbers, but I did do a voltmeter test on the two batteries, and they were radically different. Add to that the twenty minutes of life on one, with about thirty five or so on the other. I do know that the charger it came with has a lot of, Ahem, chinglish. I would never leave it unattended, that's for sure.

did some light googling(no pun intended)and found a few threads on various forums on the subject, here's one. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...attery-warning
Nothing conclusive, but interesting. Post #24 is the most interesting, though he does not cite any proof. I am a believer in not buying the cheapest thing I can find.

Still, I love the light while it shines, and can only imagine having two would be incredible on the front.

On the OP thread topic, I am sort of torn between the PB turbo or the Serfas shield.