View Single Post
Old 12-28-13, 08:51 PM
xnetter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, localized issue of the DT, while everything else seemed pretty normal was the basis of my confusion and subsequent reaching out to the group about this frame (and it's definitely awkward trying to explain what I'm seeing through text and photos, instead of a first hand inspection).

I had the frame and fork blasted by a master painter here in Toronto, and he didn't mention that anything seemed fishy, aside from the bowed DT. I feel that a lot of the marks you see in the photos are from sanding and maybe filling. They are mostly found where things attach to the tubing - ie, the FD clamp, and on the DT in question, the DT shifter clamp band. But hey, I'm no expert, that's for sure.

Kieran

Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Knowing the wall thickness is only a portion of the whole picture. As I read this thread i find it hard to really assume on what's going on, what caused the problems and the possible solutions. Sure, scenarios go through my head but to speculate out loud puts emphasis on what we, without having the frame at hand, are merely guessing at. Going back to the original post I read that the DT is damaged/bent but the TT is not. For this to be completely true the DT would have had to stretch or have been bent before the build (or the HT would have some distortion, but no ability to know this given the info we have). Just because a ruler is placed against a portion of the TT doesn't mean that there's no secondary issues there. But as I just said this is all speculative guessing. Andy.