Old 09-30-05, 08:46 PM
eyefloater
Me talk pretty one day.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all,

Couldn't make it out tonight - I was at the studio until 9:30.

Thanks for all the kind words regarding my bike. The story behind it is basically just that I traded in a lot of old components, etc. I had sitting around to a guy in Kensington Market that does bike recycling (Mike, not George). That got me a decent amount of credit, which I used after digging through his piles of parts on a few occasions. I stripped the frame, repainted it "Recreational White" and then traced the lugs with a red enamel. Most of the parts are no-name, but the pedal setup is high-end Suntour ($10, found in a bin at the bike shop I'm pseudo working at). I pieced the chain together myself using a few links at a time (Mike buys his chain in bulk, but someone working on a jewelery project had sweet-talked him into letting them take a bit of it apart - they went ... overboard). The bars are just a set of cruiser bike bars that I thought would work well flipped over - they do. The saddle has been owned by at least 2 other people before me (it just keeps getting passed around) and is held together in the back by some artfully wrapped duct tape. Pedaling cadence on this bike is an exercise in humility and comedy. I think the gearing's something like 46/20 ... so I'm the guy pedaling down Queen or Dundas east at 120rpm everyday.

Aaanyway, some drunk neighbour just showed up at my door asking for an icecube (yes, AN icecube) so I think I've got some other issues to attend to now.

- eyefloater

Ps. This bike's a beater through and through, but a lot of love when into it - *****e bikes unite!