Thread: Holiday Loot
View Single Post
Old 12-31-13, 01:44 PM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mstraus
So how do you like the Taz 1000? I have thought about that as a higher power alternative to the urban 700, but not sure how much of a difference it would make.
I graduated from a L&M Urban 500 to the Taz 1000. The Taz on medium is as bright as the Urban on high, and the run times are better. The longer run time was the main reason I upgraded because my commute is fairly long (31 miles, 2+ hours) and my Urban wouldn't last the entire commute unless I ran it on low a lot. My only complaint about both lights is the beam is more "floody" than I prefer, and something a little more focused would be my preference. However, I also use a L&M Viz 360, and it has a very focused beam, which accomplishes that goal. The Urban 500 was as bright as I need most of the time, but a more powerful beam is appreciated when riding in dark, rainy conditions -- something I don't do a lot but unavoidable sometimes when commuting regularly.