View Single Post
Old 10-01-05, 07:06 AM
af895

Bikes: 2003 KHS F20-Westwood folding & enough parts to make several more bikes...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CrimsonEclipse
The catalog Gordon supplied had some really interesting stuff.

The seatpost pump was one I liked. The trailer has possabilities.

There was a section of small wheeled (20") NON-folding bikes. It's like they're trying to
start a 20" trend. I wonder if the 20" roadies are comparable (faster?) than their 26"
brethren.

CE

CE: I read online just yesterday (might have been here!) a 20" wheel is FASTER than a 26/27" up to a certain speed, breaks even at a certain point and is at a slight disadvantage above about 35mph. (I THINK I have that final number correct)

The point made was "who rides at 57km/h regularly?" (sponsored/performance riders usually)

For a race where you've got a lot of cornering, slowing down and speeding up, the 20" wheel might actually be an advantage on account of the lower mass you have to roll-up to speed.

The entire 2006 Dahon line is fantastic - agreed with the comments here. The MuXL & SL are hot! What great lines!

The Ciao! with it's low step-over is a GREAT idea. Competition for Biria and perhaps some of the full-size beach-cruiser type bikes.

Can't wait to hear some road feedback on the Hammerhead. It would make my week/month/year to hear that Criterium riders were using Hammerheads to beat other riders...