Old 01-02-14, 09:47 PM
lsberrios1 

Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfred
Luis, I would be interested in knowing a little more about your diet. You're working with a nutritionist, right? Have they provided you with a simply breakdown of protein, carb, fat percentages? Or, have they been more prescriptive than that? Are you using a diet tracker of any form and if so which one?
Yes I got an initial consult with a nutritionist a few months back. The diet certainly works although I don't think it is perfect. It leaves cravings in there, but I am not being 100% strict with it either. I break it every now and then, portions are not exact to the ones indicated and I usually eat more than told to. However I will start the really strict part next week for 2 weeks. I can hopefully lose 5 more pounds and be race ready for february.

The nutritionist gave me a booklet of about 30-40 pages full of recipes, formulas, daily examples and explanations. I read some but it takes time adapting to it. She gave me a breakdown of I believe 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat something like that. 2,100 to 2,300 cals a day that considering I workout 12-14hrs a week.

Take in mind the diet is meant for someone who is looking to have 5% body fat. I think I am right below 10% but for race day I'd like to be at around 7-8%.

I'll post a few more pics in a bit. I do get the "YOU LOOK SICK!" comment tons of times. I understand I kind of do but I do it to race. I won't stay like that forever because I think it is probably as unhealthy as being overweight. I do feel strong and fast though

Doesn't help that it looks like I am on meth... I am not btw.

Last edited by lsberrios1; 01-02-14 at 09:57 PM.