BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 326 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12022 Post(s)
Liked 6,798 Times in 3,548 Posts
Originally Posted by lsberrios1

Dude! I've read your advice in the forum and honestly listened to it and appreciated it. I don't think this comment is being fair to the forum. The 41 tends to be a little snotty but it isn't terrible either. I come from car forums, motorcycle forums, watch forums and I have to say that this is probably the most understanding and helpful forum. I will give it to you the 41 is probably the most "aggressive" but it is not bad at all. Then you have the C&V which are freaking awesome and helpful and you also have the C&A which are extremely motivating people.

I'd am a road cyclist... I like to toot around in my Vintage bikes, put the hammer down in my CF rig and get dirty on my old mountain bike. in the end every road cyclist wants to be better and live the life of a superhero. Easier said than done. I live a complete lie thinking that my race bike will take me to some sort of trophy and give me some fame... I talk like i know about cycling and I believe I need a 14 pound race bike to crush the competition. In the end it's what makes me happy. Some people like to drink and smoke, others like to eat good food and others like to play racer. The "arrogance" comes from a false sense of accomplishment that is the result of such "hard" work.

I don't know what I want to say... Be happy and be nice to others. I am sure in the end we are all just keyboard warriors and deep inside we are all nice people. Also, why bother listening to negative nancies and not focus on those who offer help and make the community better? I know there are tons of the latter.

Really good post, good observations.