View Single Post
Old 01-04-14, 02:50 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by merlinextraligh
Do as many of these as possible, and don't worry too much about the specifics of the rest of your training.

At the point you're at, the experience you'll get will be more valuable than any interval work, and you'll get plenty of work.
Took yours and others advice and did the local hammerfest. I'm going to try and do this at least twice a month.

Raincross ride in Redlands. First time doing it, and spying others Strava data I knew this was biting off more than I could chew. Eventually you have to jump out the nest and fly. I held on for about 30 miles then got dropped. Kept closing the gap, but caught a stoplight and was done. The 30 mile ride back solo was not fun, I sat up and caught about 15 red lights in a 7 mile strip.

I'm glad I did it but disappointed that I didn't make the whole ride. Even though I knew finishing the whole thing was a pipe dream from the get go, I still expected to finish it. I did learn some stuff, if I was a tad bit more savvy I could have held on longer. The big thing that killed me was not being able to keep up with the surges.

http://app.strava.com/activities/103997700/overview