HalfHearted
Wide Load

Bikes: Trek 7300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally posted by willic
Welcome to the forums from a U.K. guy fighting against paranioa diabetes gene`s and mental depression
I can relate to the diabetes thing, too. There's a close correlation between heart disease and diabetes, once you've been diagnosed with heart disease they check your bloodwork pretty frequently. Also a close connection between heart disease and depression, though thankfully I haven't had any problem with that. I guess 'cause death doesn't bother me and I'm so ornery that I cause depression, instead of suffering from it

Back in October my triglycerides were really high, exercise hasn't helped much, so now they've changed my diet again. In fact, I think I've figured out why there is such a correlation between heart disease and diabetes. With heart disease they put you on a real-strict low-fat diet, and, if you're on coumadin blood thinner like most of us they tell you not to eat too many leafy greens, but they don't say a darn thing about carbs. So, what does everybody do? We start eating tons of rice and fish and so on. Next thing you know all those starchy carbs are driving your body chemistry nuts.

Earlier this month they checked me again and told me to start eating more spinach and broccoli (two of my favorite vegetables anyway, and something they had specifically told me to avoid before).

When they told me that, I told the doctor they had one more chance to get it right and then I was going back to pizza and mexican food. I was only half-joking!

There's a reason they call it "practicing medicine..."

John