View Single Post
Old 01-06-14, 06:50 AM
Hoss Cartright

Bikes: Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Just so you all know. We are a childless couple, married 35 years.
We're basically trapped by this blizzard, can't leave town, roads are closed, this morning it is -15 outside.

Yesterday with it impossible to leave town because of the blizzard, our little Lucy took a dramatic turn for the worse, being that taking her to the Veterinarian was not feasible, nor would any cure have been possible, it was her time.
I set-up camp in the living room last night, and I was with her the whole time. She crossed the rainbow bridge about 02:00 this morning. She seemed to be in no pain, she was semi-conscious in my arms those last few hours, and above all, she knew she was loved. A new experience for me, to be with one of our babies when passing simply of old age.
During the day yesterday, I was grief stricken, but as the evening and night progressed, it turned into something almost spiritual. I thought happy thoughts of what a fabulous kitty she has been, life on this Earth, and how it all must end.
The wife and I are OK with this, we knew the time was near, that time came, and it went as well as one could have expected.
Born in a box on our porch on August 1st 1995. She lived 18 years and 5 months, and knew she was loved every single day of her life. ~ RIP LUCY, you little angel ~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LucyJan04.jpg (49.8 KB, 119 views)